Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stash Report -- February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, I added more fabric to my stash. . .but I have a good reason, at least to me! he he he

I added 2.675 yards of a pink solid fabric to be used as the background fabric for my version of the "Jelly Roll Sampler" quilt along (see my side bar for the link).

Here is a picture of the fabric that I plan on using for the borders and the pink fabric together.

Instead of using a jelly roll I will be using fabrics from my stash. . . based on the colors from the border fabric. Unfortunately this fabric doesn't have the color dots on the selvedge edge so I will have to play with the greens to see what looks nice.

My plan is to use all shades of pink, the greens that work well and perhaps some small touches of gray and black. In my mind's eye it looks pretty cool. . .we'll see what it looks like once I actually start playing with the blocks.

Ok, now for the report for the week:

Here are the numbers:

Fabric IN this week: 2.675 yards

Fabric IN YTD: 12.675 yards

Fabric USED this week: 0 yards

Fabric USED YTD: 3.125 yards

Fabric Stash USED YTD: + 9.55 yards

I'm hoping to get some sewing done today so that I can possibly start this week off with a "running start".

To check in on the rest of the stash busting crew head over to Judy's blog.

I'll be talking to ya!!

3 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

so that is the reason for the dots on the hem ... ;o)

Amy said...

The jelly roll sampler looks like fun. A good way to use up the stash. Looking forward to seeing the blocks from all of the designers.

Penny said...

OK, I had to go check out the jelly roll sampler. I think your idea of using your own strips is a great one. I look forward to seeing what you sew up. Your border and pink look very nice.

Post a Comment